Environmental Policies for the Eco-friendly hospitality industry
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our aim to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- To support and comply with the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
For guidance on environmental regulations for your business please visit:
www.environment-agency.gov.uk/netregs or Email: email@example.com
Environmental impacts of hospitality, leisure and tourism businesses
Businesses involved in hospitality, leisure and tourism can have a number of impacts on the environment.
- Resource use such as energy, heating and cooling, and water for catering services, guest services, washrooms and cleaning tasks.
- Air emissions from building heating or cooling systems and catering services.
- Noise pollution from kitchens, music and entertainment or deliveries to and from your site.
- Waste disposal such as packaging waste, old fixtures and fittings and food and catering waste.
- Water pollution from unauthorised discharges, eg from catering services, contaminated run-off from car parks or storing cleaning or chemical products.
How can NetRegs help you?
Our guidance could help you to:
- Avoid prosecution and receive fewer visits from environmental regulators.
- Increase efficiency and productivity.
- Reduce your operating costs.
- Be more likely to obtain business from government bodies and large businesses that require their business partners to manage their environmental impacts effectively.
- Improve your reputation amongst staff, customers and the public.
- Increase the chance of securing funding to expand your business by demonstrating that your environmental impacts are well managed.
The Carbon Trust
The Carbon Trust is a not-for-profit company providing specialist support to help business and the public sector boost business returns by cutting carbon emissions, saving energy and commercialising low carbon technologies.
Telephone: 0800 085 2005 | www.carbontrust.co.uk